GTR Raises Capital, Acquisition Doubles Jeffery Project
Overview: GTI Resources Ltd ("GTR", "the Company") is an Australian minerals exploration company focused on uranium, vanadium, and gold exploration. GTR’s flagship assets are located in the prolific Henry Mountains region in Utah, the USA with an initial focus on the Jeffrey Project. The Henry Mountains region contains high-grade uranium & vanadium deposits having produced 17.5 Mt of ore averaging 2,400ppm U3O8 and 1.25% V2O5 (92 mlbs U3O8 and 482 mlbs V2O5) dating back from the early 1900s. GTR also owns the Niagara gold project, located in WA. Since initiating coverage in May 2020, GTR announced the acquisition of adjacent past-producing mineral leases that will more than double the size of its land position and announced a $1.8m placement and partially underwritten Share Purchase Plan to raise up to a further $970k.
Catalysts: Exploration planning for the next phase of drilling in Utah is underway targeting field activity in Q3/Q4 2020 after GTR announced compelling results from the recently completed reconnaissance exploration drill program at the Jeffrey Project. Following the acquisition of two strategically located mineral leases, GTR’s land position has more than doubled to over 5.5km with potentially significant exploration upside in untested areas. In parallel, fieldwork is planned on the Niagara gold project in WA to follow up on anomalous soil sampling results that were announced in May 2020. Major shareholders have supported the $1.8 million placement, and, with the SPP underway closing later this month, GTR plans to use the proceeds to increase the pace and scale of its work programs in both Utah and WA.
Hurdles: While initial drilling results are promising, there remain technical risks as GTR prepares for the next stage of drilling activities. Following the recent placement and upon completion of the SPP, GTR will be sufficiently funded to progress to the next stage of field exploration, however considerable further capital will be required in the long- term to establish the feasibility and economic merit of its projects. While the uranium market is currently attractive following a significant price increase this year, there is no guarantee that conditions will remain favourable as spot prices are subject to price significant volatility.
Investment View: GTR offers speculative exposure to uranium and gold market trends through a portfolio of exploration assets in Utah as well as WA. We continue to be attracted to the magnitude of GTR’s assets, in particular after the acquisition of adjacent mineral leases in Utah that will conjoin the Company’s most prospective projects at Jeffrey and Rats Nest. While early drilling results yielded promising results and untested areas provide potential exploration upside, upcoming exploration drilling activities in Utah offer numerous value drivers. The Company’s Niagara gold project has not received much attention to date and is being developed simultaneously. With the SPP underway and $1.8m placement completed – strongly supported by major shareholder Tolga Kumova – the capital raising provides sufficient funding to advance and further de-risk its projects. While key risks surrounding uranium markets and project development remain present, GTR’s management team has to date demonstrated its ability to advance the Company’s projects on time and on budget. As uranium and gold market conditions remain favourable, we resume coverage to monitor project development activities after the well-supported capital raising.
THE BULLS SAY
- The Henry Mountains project is situated in a mining region that has historically produced in excess of 17.5 Mt of ore and in close proximity to the only fully licenced and operational uranium mill in the US – the White Mesa Mill operated by Energy Fuels Inc (TSE: EFR)
- GTR announced the acquisition of adjacent past-producing mineral leases that will more than double the size of its land position in Utah to over 5km
- Exploration planning for the next phase of drilling in Utah is underway targeting field activity in Q3/Q4 2020 after earlier this month GTR announced compelling results from the recently completed small scale exploration drill program at the Jeffrey Project
- The Company’s Niagara gold project has not received much attention to date and is being developed simultaneously – a potential value driver
- The US government recently committed a US$1.5bn budget over 10 years to support domestic uranium producers
- GTR completed a strongly supported $1.8m placement and, with the SPP underway, proceeds will be used to increase the pace and scale of its work
THE BEARS SAY
- The uranium market is subject to significant price volatility and there is no guarantee that the recent price recovery will continue
- Whilst the Company is well funded to progress to the next stage of drilling, it remains reliant on external capital to advance project development in the long-term
- Considerable further technical investigations are required to establish the feasibility and long-term economic merit of additional mining development in the Henry
- GTR is at a highly speculative stage of its company trajectory
General Information Only
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (S3, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) (CAR No. 433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information and is for informational purposes only. Any advice is general advice only. Any advice contained in this article does not constitute personal advice and S3 has not taken into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Please seek your own independent professional advice before making any financial investment decision. Those persons acting upon information contained in this article do so entirely at their own risk.
Conflicts of Interest Notice
S3 and its associated entities may hold investments in companies featured in its articles, including through being paid in the securities of the companies we provide commentary on. We disclose the securities held in relation to a particular company that we provide commentary on. Refer to our Disclosure Policy for information on our self-imposed trading blackouts, hold conditions and de-risking (sell conditions) which seek to mitigate against any potential conflicts of interest.
Publication Notice and Disclaimer
The information contained in this article is current as at the publication date. At the time of publishing, the information contained in this article is based on sources which are available in the public domain that we consider to be reliable, and our own analysis of those sources. The views of the author may not reflect the views of the AFSL holder. Any decision by you to purchase securities in the companies featured in this article should be done so after you have sought your own independent professional advice regarding this information and made your own inquiries as to the validity of any information in this article.
Any forward-looking statements contained in this article are not guarantees or predictions of future performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are beyond our control, and which may cause actual results or performance of companies featured to differ materially from those expressed in the statements contained in this article. S3 cannot and does not give any assurance that the results or performance expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements contained in this article will actually occur and readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
This article may include references to our past investing performance. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of our future investing performance.